07 November 2005

"The Crawl of Chufule" - Day 7 (II)

Improved, but still short. Worse is on the horizon, but there is a bright spot beyond that.

Improved: 14o7 today. A clear step towards getting my act back together, but not good enough. Here I stand at 13, 759 when I had hoped to be at 16,900+. So be it. I'm still good. I wanted to do 1667 a day. If I'd done that, I'd be at 11669. Not shabby at all.

On this, I'm feeling reasonable, all things considered. I can do this. More,

Worse: During today's writing I discovered something about the Lamour character. Something that bodes ill for the next few days

Orignially she was Krevan's friend. He learned through her of dreams being caused by the stirring of Chufule. She also saved him from an assassination attempt. Good stuff.

Only today I learned that she doesn't know Krevan at all. This is their first meeting.

Meaning more changes. This, incidentally, is why I didn't want to go back.

I think I can juryrig some of my words, but my fear a lot needs cut and that, when all is said and done, I might have a negative day.

+Scary!+

In addition, my little program has gone kaput. I used to have a file for my each Daily work (Dailies) and one for the Master Work, where I get my count. It used to be extremely helpful, as I could go in, do my editing, and get out clean.

However, having been stalled for four days on this stuff, its become unwieldy to roll through.

What I plan to do is pull stuff from my Dailies and make a file for each chapter. I was planning to do this for the second draft, anyways, so this isn't a biggie. I just hoped to be through NaNoWriMo before I did it.

Bright Spot: However, the end result of all of this is that I know the whole story. From here on out, I know where to go and what to do. There is one area that's unclear, but that's nothing. I'll get it when I get there.

On this, this is has, as of today, become my largest spate of writing on any of fiction, not including notes. The previous record holder was "The Hero of Castle Ullias", a short story I wrote years ago. I finished it in a week at 9280 words. It was also the work I've been most proud of.

By design, "The Crawl of Chufule" is a direct sequel to "Hero".

4 comments:

BeckoningChasm said...

Hey--maybe the Lamour character saved Kevan's twin brother!

Okay, okay, put the bat down, I'm backing away slowly....

BeckoningChasm said...

Ooo, I thought of something even stupider.

The Lamour character saves Kevan, but completely unintentionally, and totally unawaredly! He thinks she did it for him, she has no idea at all.

So, when they "meet cute" whackyness ensues.

I bet when your book gets optioned for TV, they ask me to write the teleplay, and Jabootu goes wild.

Which is not quite as good as my original idea: bake sale.

Cullen Waters said...

Bake sale...

Great. Now I have to start all over at the begining. Thanks a lot.

(joke. honest.)

BeckoningChasm said...

"A JOKE" or "A SALES CAMPAIGN"?