
All done with the contest as of yesterday. I have my little images here and my certificate. I can crow a bit and call myself a novelist without feeling a bit sheepish at not finishing a novel. 'Cause I got a novel.It's just not a good novel.
Hell, It's not even an adequate novel.
There are parts I still like, parts I think can be salvaged, parts that I think are damn good. But as a whole, it's a sad, sad little thing. It didn't grow like it should have. I blame myself, really.
Or that Heavy Metal Music I heard the other day. Or the booze. Or Daschunds came in the night and stoled the good bits of prose.
Darn Daschunds.
Silliness aside, I do have troubling news. News that sends chills through my spine.
My family wants to read it. Despite my warnings.
What am I to do? These are the most important people in my life. And they want to read this... novel.
I should just say no. Not because I don't want them to read it (hey, it's their sanity their risking). It's just that I don't have a video recorder handy to capture the moment when they finally realize that, yes, it is just that bad. Be a pity to lose something like that.
I'm taking a break from writing. Don't know how long. But when it's finished, Round #2 begins. Here's to hope.
Oh, and by "break from writing", I in no way mean I'm stopping updating Welltun Cares Presents. The blog from this point forward is now back to it's normal self.
Whatever that is...
2 comments:
Congrats, first of all, and two suggestions:
1. Find an old paperback at GoodWill and rip the covers off, then present it. "Here, I printed on the laser printer AT WORK which has special powers."
2. Tell them that they can read the novel under one condition: that they CANNOT, under ANY circumstances, comment on it AT ALL. Under pain of daschunds.
Congratulations! Currently, I have 5,000 more words to go. But I'm confident.
Post a Comment