Okay, that was a lot of whining for nothing.
Things are flowing well and truly a pace. Between today and yesterday I've hit my goal of 1,667 words and a bit more. As of this post I'm sitting pretty on 3909 words. Having past the terrible first few pages (which I swear to God need 1,000+ rewrites to really be showable), I've hit a decent pace. I'm gaining Off Day (OD) space every day. While I don't have enough words to be comfortable (5,001 would be nice right now, thanks) I don't worry about it as much. Which allows me to have a little fun.
More importantly, I'm not rewriting. Or, rather, I am rewriting, but it is more of a dance that disposing of (supposedly) unmanageable prose. It's going back and adding a point, fleshing something out, that sort of thing. Basically how I handle these essays.
I've been maintaining a certain cut off point as well. Whenever I take a break, I first complete the sentence I'm on. I save everything. And, at day's end (roughly 11 PM), I start up a new file and leave what I've done alone. I have one Master File for the word count (right now I'm doing the math, but that nonsense'll end so enough), but I work in separate files. When all is said and done for this contest, I hope to have 31 files, 30 daily and 1 complete.
If this system works out, I'll try and keep it up from here on out. A novel a month, God willing and the inspiration well doesn't run dry.
Well, that's all I have for now. Other frustrations dealing with this project (and there have been frustrations) I will vent at another time. As well as some of the fun bits. Right now Cullen is tired. Oh so tired. Needs sleepy time big time.
And yeah, I know it's 11ish AM. I have mentioned my odd sleep schedule, right?
Things are flowing well and truly a pace. Between today and yesterday I've hit my goal of 1,667 words and a bit more. As of this post I'm sitting pretty on 3909 words. Having past the terrible first few pages (which I swear to God need 1,000+ rewrites to really be showable), I've hit a decent pace. I'm gaining Off Day (OD) space every day. While I don't have enough words to be comfortable (5,001 would be nice right now, thanks) I don't worry about it as much. Which allows me to have a little fun.
More importantly, I'm not rewriting. Or, rather, I am rewriting, but it is more of a dance that disposing of (supposedly) unmanageable prose. It's going back and adding a point, fleshing something out, that sort of thing. Basically how I handle these essays.
I've been maintaining a certain cut off point as well. Whenever I take a break, I first complete the sentence I'm on. I save everything. And, at day's end (roughly 11 PM), I start up a new file and leave what I've done alone. I have one Master File for the word count (right now I'm doing the math, but that nonsense'll end so enough), but I work in separate files. When all is said and done for this contest, I hope to have 31 files, 30 daily and 1 complete.
If this system works out, I'll try and keep it up from here on out. A novel a month, God willing and the inspiration well doesn't run dry.
Well, that's all I have for now. Other frustrations dealing with this project (and there have been frustrations) I will vent at another time. As well as some of the fun bits. Right now Cullen is tired. Oh so tired. Needs sleepy time big time.
And yeah, I know it's 11ish AM. I have mentioned my odd sleep schedule, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment