Tomorrow, officially two weeks in, I'm taking a day off.
I'm better than a day ahead of myself. I can afford to. More, I need to. "Day 12" gutted me. I mean, I'm burned. Burned to the core.
If I wasn't trying to win this, I'd start the second draft and leave this one behind. It's just that bad.
I've been there before in this, of course. But this is a bit more thorough than last time. More dead like.
Now, by day off, I mean I'm not pressing myself to meet quota. I'm going to look through what I've got to remind myself what's at stake. I'm going to retool the unworkable stuff that's been hovering over my head for days. And if I get my count up to, oh, say, 1115 words added to my number, I'm going to take the stuff from"Day 12" and, to misquote Stephen King, I'm going to "delete it from my life."
And then I will laugh.
Maniacally.
So maniacally, in fact, that Doctor Doom himself will be envious.
Count on it.
More word tomorrow. Hopefully positive...
I'm better than a day ahead of myself. I can afford to. More, I need to. "Day 12" gutted me. I mean, I'm burned. Burned to the core.
If I wasn't trying to win this, I'd start the second draft and leave this one behind. It's just that bad.
I've been there before in this, of course. But this is a bit more thorough than last time. More dead like.
Now, by day off, I mean I'm not pressing myself to meet quota. I'm going to look through what I've got to remind myself what's at stake. I'm going to retool the unworkable stuff that's been hovering over my head for days. And if I get my count up to, oh, say, 1115 words added to my number, I'm going to take the stuff from"Day 12" and, to misquote Stephen King, I'm going to "delete it from my life."
And then I will laugh.
Maniacally.
So maniacally, in fact, that Doctor Doom himself will be envious.
Count on it.
More word tomorrow. Hopefully positive...
Update: I had been missing my world notes. Found 'em today. Dunno if they'll help, but I'll be reading them, too.
No comments:
Post a Comment