11 November 2005

"The Crawl of Chufule" - Day 11 (II)

Well darn it! I just uncovered a redundant paragraph and deleting it cost me. 88 words, gone! (And probably should have been gone a while ago Sloppy.)

On this, it was a slow day. Only 1748 words, after subtracting my error. Which isn't bad, says I.

Tomorrow I should begin intergrating the stuff that doesn't work with the new stuff. I'll go into a bit of detail when (after) I do. And the halfway mark nears! WWWWAAAAHHHHOOOOO!

2 comments:

BeckoningChasm said...

Deleting and editing stuff is not only for chumps, it is for December. Right now, word count is the goal. Have people stutter a lot, that's always good, then have them say "What?" and your other characters can repeat themselves. It's gold, I tell you! And you can introduce special guest character (certified stutter-master) Porky Pig. Or Donald Duck! People can listen to him, then say "What?" and he'll repeat it with increased belligerence.

You're doing good. Worry is the least of your worries.

Cullen Waters said...

Excuse me. I prefer the term "anally retentive" to "chump". Thank you.

Seriously, all I want is a semi coherent narative, and those 88 weren't doing it. I've been sitting here with paragraphs of stuff which kind of sort of works and it's driving me nuts. The runners of NaNoWriMo repeatedly state not to take this too seriously, and I've found that impossible. I've been trying this too long not.

Having said thst, I've been considering, once I hit 50, 000, writing, "Then all the Bad People died." so I can submit a novel rather than just words. Which is, frankly, the reverse of what I've been doing...