06 November 2005

"The Crawl of Chufule" - Day 6 (II)

I did better today! Instead of 1344 words I did 1347! A whole three word improvement!

Hurray!

=sigh=

Another little fart of a day. That lead I built up is bleeding away. I'm beginning to think these low numbers are typical...

Well, in fairness, I am pruning as well as adding, so the number willl be low. I don't think it'll remain the same once I return to more foreward leaning stuff.

Hope, hope.

2 comments:

BeckoningChasm said...

I think this shows the project is gelling, if that makes sense. It's pretty easy to flush out words at a terrific clip when you're not sure you care, but once the story starts to work for you, the tendency is to be more careful with the words you choose.

My advice: don't worry about it. Don't use it as an excuse to give up, but don't worry about it.

BeckoningChasm said...

I think this shows the project is gelling, if that makes sense. It's pretty easy to flush out words at a terrific clip when you're not sure you care, but once the story starts to work for you, the tendency is to be more careful with the words you choose.

My advice: don't worry about it. Don't use it as an excuse to give up, but don't worry about it.