05 November 2005

"The Crawl of Chufule" - Day 5

I put my count in early today. I now sit at 11005 words. This should make me happy. It does not.

I've hit a dead end in the plot. A nice, big wall. And to go forward, I need to go back to the very first day and change things. And from these changes thread further changes through the plot until I get back to where I am now.

In fact, I did nothing to advance today, either. The additions I made here were changing stuff I already have.

I tell myself I should just do it, but... I can't. I take this sort of thing way too seriously to do that. So back I go. I advance in terms of NaNoWriMo, at the very least. My only confort is that each time I do this, it really does improve things over all.

Update: Just did the math. My first day not hitting quota. Not good. Not good at all.

Oh well. Tomorrow's another day.

3 comments:

hbrennan said...

Don't fret - you're ahead of schedule. I just finished 10,005 words and I'm quite happy. Especially since I write in a loud, noisy environment with mucho distractions. Strangely enough, the activity actually helps fuel my work! Kinetic energy - there is no substitute.

Cullen Waters said...

And I hope to keep that lead. Tomorrow will be better.

It's the next day I worry about (joke)

I might have a solution to my problem now, so I'm nnot fretting. I am taking a bit off to recharge. Just not a whole day. I'm half afraid I'll lose it that way.

BeckoningChasm said...

Cullen, I wouldn't worry about it. You'll hit the answer. Heck, if I'm certain about that, how can YOU doubt?

Seriously, though, I'm not quite 6K. You gotta take your triumphs where you can, you know.