I'm not going to go into how I did it. But. I am within a little less than 700 words of the finish line.
I'm not proud of how I got those 7004 words today. But it's legitimate, it was done within the rules of NaNoWriMo, and in a bizarre way it works. I would NEVER SUBMIT IT LIKE THIS, but it works.
By the time everything is said and done, I'll have a story with two flashbacks that don't even matter, two Deus Ex Machinas, and, get this, a villainous demigod that doesn't even appear in the novel.
Has Jabootu graced my novel or what? Yikes! Yikes I said!
Time to start prepping the second draft. Without the damn deadline over my head, I might get something good going.
Will I do NaNoWriMo again next year? Hell yes. But either with more preparation or less. I can't decide...
I'm not proud of how I got those 7004 words today. But it's legitimate, it was done within the rules of NaNoWriMo, and in a bizarre way it works. I would NEVER SUBMIT IT LIKE THIS, but it works.
By the time everything is said and done, I'll have a story with two flashbacks that don't even matter, two Deus Ex Machinas, and, get this, a villainous demigod that doesn't even appear in the novel.
Has Jabootu graced my novel or what? Yikes! Yikes I said!
Time to start prepping the second draft. Without the damn deadline over my head, I might get something good going.
Will I do NaNoWriMo again next year? Hell yes. But either with more preparation or less. I can't decide...
4 comments:
Excellent work, and congrats. Don't worry about the villain who never appears--seems to me a chap by the name of Sauron had the same fate, and his book turned out pretty well....
Not only does he not appear, HE DOESN"T DO ANYTHING! It's great, it's terrible, it's going to be nothing like draft #2
But I'm repeating myself...
I'm in the same boat. I picked up a violent stomach virus over my Thanksgiving holiday. Now I have to complete 11,000 words in 3 days. I'm shooting for 6,000 today and 5,000 tomorrow which will give me a 1 day cushion. At least I know where my story's headed. But it's going to be tough. Fortunately, I do my best work under pressure.
Dear sweet God. And I thought I was in a bind. Good luck, man.
Post a Comment