Missed a day at the blog, but not on the "novel". Made quota, which seems like an "eh" after 3,000+
Right now I have another flashback running. More information I needed, but this time I don't think it's going into draft #2.
I might want to consider how to wind this down. On some level, I don't think it's going to end as I hoped (already the talking Maelstrum has fallen by the wayside... Oh well, next draft.) I have no idea how its going to get to that point. Or what insanity that might bring...
When I update tomorrow, I'm using the NaNoWriMo verification, just to see if I'm where I think I am. From the site:
Microsoft Word and documents from other word processors should not be uploaded into the word counter, as the formatting codes inflate word count by about 30%.
Which makes me weep. What the hell good is word count when it's not really counting the words?
Sending in this check entails saving my narrative in Text format and doing a global replace of certain letters. I'm not talking A=B, B=C code type changes. I'm talking all the vowels (including "Y") changed to "Q" and several key letters change to "X". I did this as an experiment earlier and it made my words look like gibberish. More so than usual.
This seems to suggest that I don't trust the Internet with my malformed baby of a novel. Which is exactly true. I've encountered quite a few good people as I surfed this web. But I've been burned to often on-line and off. Better safe than sorry.
More later on whether I'm golden or hurtin'. And perhaps a few on other matters as well. While I like having a record of how the Novel is going, I'm getting a bit burned out on talking about it.
Heh. And I thought the week of talking about my little pictures was bad...
2 comments:
I've been saving my work everyday in test format, as well. However, I haven't run into any problems with letters needing to be changed.
I think what they mean about Word adding to the word count is in formatting codes and so forth. Not actual phantom text stacking up in the word count column.
Post a Comment