02 November 2005

"The Crawl of Chufule" - Day 2

Failure and success!

First the failure. I knew I didn't like the opening and now I know why. All the conflicts internal. It should be external. It would help with tension, show my hero being clever, and actually be about something rather than the slog it is. Worst, it would make the descriptions a wee bit easier.

Stupid, stupid, stupid!

I'm holding true, though. I'm not rewriting it just yet. Right now it's at good enough. After I finish the novel, I'll go back. Or if I need more words. It'll mean a little more work (I need to add another character to do it justice, and that character, I think, will influence things through out the book), but it'll be sweet. I'm looking forward to it.

Just need to jot it down... later tomorrow sometime...

But there is some great joy! 5300 words! I've done three days work in two days time! I have my buffer and a bit more! But that's not enough. I'm pulling for a total of 10, 002 by Day Four. That'll give me two days. Hopefully enough to cover any problems and/or burnout.

And I was worried. Yeesh.

2 comments:

hbrennan said...

See, nothing to worry about. A for me, I'm just writing the story. The fancy descriptions and re-writes will come after I finish the 50,000.

Cullen Waters said...

That's probably the wisest course. I just can't help myself; I gtta get it in now. Especially with the main character.