Woof. Punch in the gut time. Spent the past hour or so rushing through so that I'd make quota. Four or five scenes that really don't fit the novel. I'll cut them durning the next draft or, in at least on case, rework.
On the one hand I hated doing that.
On the other hand I loved it. That's NaNoWriMo in essence, I think. Mad, blind panic as you try to reach deadline. That I've so been doing well enough to avoid this is great. I'm glad I got to feel the pressure.
And you know what? I don't want to do that again! Ever! I had enough of that crap in High School, thanks!
(I say that now. But if I do that often enough, I might get to like it...)
On the one hand I hated doing that.
On the other hand I loved it. That's NaNoWriMo in essence, I think. Mad, blind panic as you try to reach deadline. That I've so been doing well enough to avoid this is great. I'm glad I got to feel the pressure.
And you know what? I don't want to do that again! Ever! I had enough of that crap in High School, thanks!
(I say that now. But if I do that often enough, I might get to like it...)
2 comments:
Oh, I'm the exact opposite. When the teachers wanted output, I put out. In spades. Several canvases a week, several stories to illustrate the week's assignment.
Oh my pathetic own, though...you'd have to poke me to determine if I was an organic life-form or just some odd sculpture someone had thrown away.
Congrats on reaching 200, by the way. I note this on my own anniversary, where I haven't even gotten to that number.
Thank you for your kind words. Part of my problem in school was that I was lazy. the other part was that nothing interested me. I was going to be a writer, for gosh sakes. What do I need to know about world history... Math... typing...
I hope Time Travel is never invented in my life time. I'd use it togo back in time and slap young Cullen in the back of the head.
Post a Comment