30 August 2006

Welltun Cares Presents - Romance!

A few notes on this:
* - One hopes that by "practicing romance", one means wooing techniques only. There is only so far one can go with a skeleton. Though don't ask me how I know this.
* - This was the first picture I set up as a comic for this series. Originally I was going to just put them up as is. However, I started touching it up a little here and there. The skeleton, for instance, had a bit of a nose. I erased it. I beefed up the pillow. That sort of thing.

In other words, I'm so anal I'm touching up junky sketches. I mean, really.

* - While I like the macabre quality of this comic, I'd have a hard time posting it in a real webcomic collection. There is a comic called Chopping Block by Lee Adam Herold, which details the life of a Jason Voorhees style slasher killer, sometimes in graphic detail. Now, I haven't been through the archives in a while, and I wrote this before I even found out about the comic, but I would bet there was something similuar somewhere in there.

In fact, by coincidence, yesterday, as I did a bit of research, I found Herold had a comic up on his slasher dating. They aren't the same, it's too close for my comfort.

You might note that Chopping Block isn't on my link list. While I enjoyed what I read when I read it, it just gets to be too much. TOO dark. TOO grim.

Which might seem surprising coming from me, but still...

2 comments:

BeckoningChasm said...

Might be better if the caption said "practicing wooing" because I immediately got the wrong impression and thought I was reading an anime blog.

Cullen Waters said...

Now, now. I'm sure you meant Hentai blog.

Yeah, "wooing" would have been the better word...