...but I've been having a wee bit of problem with Blogger this past week. I've enjoyed my time here, and really shouldn't be carping, especially when all of it could be due to me and my computer, but it's lead to a bit of aggrivation, and darn it! what's a Blog for if not letting off some steam? Please bear with me.
Earlier this morning I had a post almost ready for publishing when, for reasons unknown to me at this time, the site ate about half of it. Which was a serious let down, as I'd worked hard on it, put in several links, and the like. This is not the first time it's happened to me. Maybe it's a problem with the site. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.
The solution, as I see it, is writing everything out on my word processor (the termanaly depressing Works). I've been doing that half the time anyway for Works' (depressing) grammer and spell check. Problem is, when I transfer everything over to this side of things, the Blogger doesn't like Works apostrophes and quotation marks. And I have to reinsert them. All the while wondering if I'm going to lose the page.
Fun!
Then my page starts looking funny. I don't know how it looked on any other computer, but on mine it looked sort of like this:
My witty posts here. My
witty posts here. My witty
posts here. My witty posts
here. My witty posts here.
My witty posts here. My witty
posts here. My witty post here.
Earlier this morning I had a post almost ready for publishing when, for reasons unknown to me at this time, the site ate about half of it. Which was a serious let down, as I'd worked hard on it, put in several links, and the like. This is not the first time it's happened to me. Maybe it's a problem with the site. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.
The solution, as I see it, is writing everything out on my word processor (the termanaly depressing Works). I've been doing that half the time anyway for Works' (depressing) grammer and spell check. Problem is, when I transfer everything over to this side of things, the Blogger doesn't like Works apostrophes and quotation marks. And I have to reinsert them. All the while wondering if I'm going to lose the page.
Fun!
Then my page starts looking funny. I don't know how it looked on any other computer, but on mine it looked sort of like this:
My witty posts here. My
witty posts here. My witty
posts here. My witty posts
here. My witty posts here.
My witty posts here. My witty
posts here. My witty post here.
My sidebar down over here
someplace, looking lost and
forlorn and stretching on
and on and on and on and on...
This is not acceptable. I don't want my Blog to look this way. It might have been just me and my computer, but if it is, then how can I tell when something REALLY doesn't work? I've already give up Blog Preview as a waste of time...
Now, as I'm mucking with the HTML code with all the skill of a chimp working on a Roll Royce (using a jack hammer no less), I can see that this particular situation is, indeed, my doing.
It doesn't make me any less upset.
So bear with me. Next few days I will be meddling with the HTML code to get things to my liking. Again. My links will return (I may change out the pucture, though... "Galatic Duel" is getting a bit old...) as well as what past as my wit and wisdom.
Now, having said all of this, I would like to repeat that I've enjoyed my time here. All in all, this is an excellent service. But right now I'm a little frustrated. Once I figure out what I did wrong, things will chill out for me...
Until the next problem in my life creeps up, of course...
1 comment:
Blogger is definitely having some growing pains. I read, somewhere, that someone starts a new blog every 45 seconds, and I can imagine that causes even the best run machine to run amok.
Blogger, needless to say, isn't the best run machine.
My quick and dirty solution is to write everything in Notepad, then cut and paste. That way, if Blogger vomits and perishes on me, I haven't lost my brilliance. (Such as it is.)
Post a Comment