What's wrong with this sentence?
He made it to the way station before the fish twinged in his stomach again.
According to the spell check on Microsoft Work 8 (and, in fairness, Blogger's own spell check), "twinged" isn't a word. "Twinge" is, but not "twinged."
Now, giving the spell check the benefit of the doubt, I looked up the word. Lo and behold, I was right and it was wrong. "Twinged" was a word. Maybe not used right in the sentence, but it is a word.
As a brief aside, there is something sad about me being right in spelling. I have never been the best speller. In fact, Eye always xpect too c my posts two luk lik thiz, rather than the halfway readable stuff I actually do come out with.
Anyway, that's not the point of this post. The point is that the dictionary I used was Work's own dictionary. How hard would it have been to copy a list of words from the dictionary and put it in your spell check?
God, I love working with computers.
24 May 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment