That soft sigh of relief?
That was my wallet. It's in a happy place right now.
Here's why, from the IMDb:
I had thought of picking up the original unaltered series, but I don't do Pan-and-Scan. Ever. And the words "bonus disc" have a nasty ring to it.
So that kills that.
I love that last line. "We certainly didn't want to [become] a source of frustration to fans." I thought that was all Lucasfilm wanted to do. Seemed like it to me.
Anyway, my little wallet is happy. Practically beaming.
It seems to forget the letterbox Godzilla set that's coming up. And the Doctor Who episodes I've been meaning to pick up. And the anime...
Oh look. Now it's crying.
Cheer up, little wallet. It's not like you have any money in you anyways...
EDIT - Found out it's not a Pan-and-Scan version, but old fashioned Letterbox. More details over the issue can be found here and here at T'Bones Star Wars Universe. Very interesting.
Personally, the verdict is still out for me. We shall see what we shall see.
(And my wallet was so happy...)
That was my wallet. It's in a happy place right now.
Here's why, from the IMDb:
Despite earlier reports that Lucasfilm would be re-releasing the original unedited theatrical versions of the first three Star Wars movies on DVD, it now turns out that they will be copied from the laserdiscs of the films released in the mid'90s, formatted for the conventional TV screen and not wide-screen "letterbox" versions. The revelation has provoked anger among Star Wars fans, expressed on such Internet sites as www.thedigitalbits.com, and www.hometheaterforum.com. VideoBusiness.com quoted Lucasfilm spokesman John Singh as saying, "We hoped that by releasing the original movies as a bonus disc, it would be a way to give the fans something that is fun. We certainly didn't want to [become] a source of frustration for fans."Now, I had thought I mentioned this before, but a check on the blog reveals no posting, so I'll just say it here: Having the original unaltered trilogy on DVD is the only way I'd pick up any Star Wars what-so-ever. The prequels weren't any fun for me. Fact of the matter is, if I never see them again it will be too soon. And the additions made to originals weren't that great.
I had thought of picking up the original unaltered series, but I don't do Pan-and-Scan. Ever. And the words "bonus disc" have a nasty ring to it.
So that kills that.
I love that last line. "We certainly didn't want to [become] a source of frustration to fans." I thought that was all Lucasfilm wanted to do. Seemed like it to me.
Anyway, my little wallet is happy. Practically beaming.
It seems to forget the letterbox Godzilla set that's coming up. And the Doctor Who episodes I've been meaning to pick up. And the anime...
Oh look. Now it's crying.
Cheer up, little wallet. It's not like you have any money in you anyways...
EDIT - Found out it's not a Pan-and-Scan version, but old fashioned Letterbox. More details over the issue can be found here and here at T'Bones Star Wars Universe. Very interesting.
Personally, the verdict is still out for me. We shall see what we shall see.
(And my wallet was so happy...)
2 comments:
I think my decision is No, I'm not buying it. Because for all of Lucas' "This Is IT" pronouncements, he doesn't seem to keep them. The original will be available, in a good edition someday.
The phrase "taking candy from a baby" doesn't even cover what the fans will put up with, time and time again, each time they hear "This is the last time!" Lucas knows there's nothing easier than getting Star Wars fans to spend money.
I used to respect Lucas. But I don't respect vampires.
Actually I respect vampires. It's leeches I detest. Lucas will continue to beat that dead horse until he has earned the animosity of every single Star Wars fan that doesn't have the ability to say "Hey, I enjoyed this or that particular Star Wars film, gets a copy (one) of each film they like and leave it at that.
Post a Comment