29 April 2006

The Hell...?! (VII) - Wonderful World of DEATH

Here's a two-fer-one for this installment of The Hell...?!

The first image comes from Superd*****y, a site which, as you may recall points out some of the unintentionally silly moments in comics books. This particular image is a full page from a Donald Duck comic which makes Donald look like a fowl foul murderer. Now I'm sure that the whole thing is taken out of context... That he doesn't really...

But, y'know, I've never seen him so please with himself as he is in that last panel.

This reminded me of another bit of Disney history that I stumbled over not so long ago. One of the older Mickey Mouse comics strips had a series in which the Mouse, despondent over losing Minnie to another, tries to commit suicide, only to fail repeatedly.

Yeah, I didn't believe it either. But it's true. It's a part of a larger story, which I don't think is reprinted there in it's entirety. Still, it's worth a gander, as it's pretty funny. Strikes me more as a Looney Tune thing to do than a Disney-type story, but, as the site says, Uncle Walt came up with the idea himself.

The world can be weird sometimes.

No comments: