Consider this. Somewhere out there exists a woman significantly ticked off that she lost a costume contest. She dressed up in exacting detail as a character from "Harry Potter" in order to win the right to open the first box and get the very first "Half Blood Prince" from her local bookstore. But they don't pick her; instead, they pick a little kid in a lesser quality outfit.
Now having as an adult never dressed up as a character from a book, movie, or TV show, I can not really comment on how I would react if I lost to a lesser made outfit. But no matter what my stance may or may not be, I'd like to think I'd enter a contest like that, a contest for a children's book no less, expecting a kid would be the one to win. I'd go for the fun of it and if I won, that'd be neat, that would be great, but that would be it.
This outcome apparently never entered this worthy's tiny mind. In fact, she blamed the whole thing on "blatant breederism".
Blatant breederism.
I read those two words and I still don't believe I've read them.
This is a quote from her, lifted from her posting by way of someone else's cut and pasting. I've edited out her language as I'm intent on keeping the main page as PG as possible:
Now having as an adult never dressed up as a character from a book, movie, or TV show, I can not really comment on how I would react if I lost to a lesser made outfit. But no matter what my stance may or may not be, I'd like to think I'd enter a contest like that, a contest for a children's book no less, expecting a kid would be the one to win. I'd go for the fun of it and if I won, that'd be neat, that would be great, but that would be it.
This outcome apparently never entered this worthy's tiny mind. In fact, she blamed the whole thing on "blatant breederism".
Blatant breederism.
I read those two words and I still don't believe I've read them.
This is a quote from her, lifted from her posting by way of someone else's cut and pasting. I've edited out her language as I'm intent on keeping the main page as PG as possible:
I ****** hate breeders and child-lovers. ****** GO TO HELL.
I'm so ******** about this, sorry. It's just that in ten years time, this kid won't remember what she was doing on July 16th 2005. In ten years time, I will be remembering how I was deprived of this nerdly honor by an opportunistic **** breeder and her ****ling. I'm hurt. All my life, nothing has gotten to me more than being deliberately ignored, or passed over. Honestly; that's the sort of thing that can make me cry in public. Or key your car. Or viciously murder you and your family in the heat of frustration and never-ending denial Congratulations breeders, you win.
You know, if she didn't go around with "Not a Breeder" tattooed to her forehead, maybe the breeders wouldn't know and then not pick on her. Poor thing.
I mean, her whole post was full of this sort of drivel. In the course of my life, I've been a self-centered little idiot myself more than once and, I must admit, from time to time I still lean that way. But I think this woman makes me look damn saintly.
She makes everyone look saintly.
And all of this childish ranting over "Harry Potter". A book aimed at and about, in her words, "crotch droppings." Written by a woman who is a breeder thrice over. It hurts my head, it's so stupid. It makes me want to run out and breed out of spite.
The obvious capper would be to say: well, at least she's out of the gene pool. But the thought of her running around, the possibility of more like her being out there, sucks some of the joy out of punch-linehline. The damage has been done, I'm afraid.
Creatures like that give fans a bad name.
I mean, her whole post was full of this sort of drivel. In the course of my life, I've been a self-centered little idiot myself more than once and, I must admit, from time to time I still lean that way. But I think this woman makes me look damn saintly.
She makes everyone look saintly.
And all of this childish ranting over "Harry Potter". A book aimed at and about, in her words, "crotch droppings." Written by a woman who is a breeder thrice over. It hurts my head, it's so stupid. It makes me want to run out and breed out of spite.
The obvious capper would be to say: well, at least she's out of the gene pool. But the thought of her running around, the possibility of more like her being out there, sucks some of the joy out of punch-linehline. The damage has been done, I'm afraid.
Creatures like that give fans a bad name.
9 comments:
Sorry, hold on a second. I'm nursing thrid-degree burnd from the coffe that went flying out my nose when I read the words "It makes me want to run out and breed out of spite." I'll be right back, I need to snort some Aloe...
On a more serious note, this woman's attitude doesn't suprise me, and, frankly, I'm suprused that we haven't heard about this sort of thing sooner. Unfortunately, I think she does make one realistically good point - unless your costume contest specifies that the contest is for crotch dropp... er... children, the winner really ought to be the one with the best costume (not that this non-breeder had the best, I'm just saying...)
But, yeah, she gives fandom a bad name all right. You know what else? I don't get how someone so obsessively hateful of children can be into a series of books about children. It gives me a migrane just thinking about it.
You said it. Sorry 'bout the burns.
i too need some aloe because after reading this i accidently poured karosine on my genitals and lit them on fire. it was a juggling error.
anyway, yes, you know that you want to breed for more reasons then spite.
breeder huh...she is a disgrace to lesbians everywhere. why isnt she out riding a harley or making porn or cleaning up merle hay mall like a normal lesbian? CAN YOU ANSWER ME THAT?
seriously though, you guys pointed out very obvious facts, and im going to point out one that you missed. 10 years from now shes going to be moping about that day. TEN YEARS. jesus tap dancing crisco, paraplegics dont whine for that long. and, might i add, how does she know that child isnt a lesbian? huh?
Why doesn't she just steal emma watson's brush and make a hair doll like a normal wierdo?
Sorry, apparently I can't spell. I took one look and said "I GOTTA fix THIS..."
A hair doll? Ewwwwwwww...
You know, I hadn't thought about it, but you're right - she will still be bitching about this in ten years. How freaking sad is that? I mean, she seems to be taking this as one of the most significant moments in her life. For the rest of us, it was, you know, Friday.
Personally, I think she's taking this all a little too... well, personally. For goodness's sake, hate children if you want to, but lighten the fuck up (excuse the language).
I'll bet that if the Coffee Boy at Starbucks gives her non-fat instead of low-fat, she throws herself on the ground and has a temer tantrum, and then swears vengence upon the souls of the founders of the hated coffee shop. I'll bet she's that kind of person.
Jeeze, lady, take a chill pill. You're freaking 18 years old. Time to grow the hell up - or, at the least, start acting like you're half your age. Suck it up, drive on, and quit with the miss martyr act. No one's buying. (Well, no one outside of the CFM, anyway...)
Also, not to be a jerk or anything, but where did it say she was a lesbian? I mean, homosexuals were the only ones I had ever heard use the term "breeder" before now, but apparently it's fairly popular in the Child Free Movement. That, and the words "crotch droppings." Seriously, CFM - nice visual. Thanks. I'll carry that with me unto the grave.
Besides, and I realize this is a lil' insensitive, but why join the Child Free Movement if you're a lesbian. Engaging in the sort of sexual conduct that lesbians are perported to partake in (I wouldn't know for certain, not being a lesbian and all), it would seem that pregnancy, and therefore children, whould be... well, unlikely, to say the least.
Oh, and FYI:
THAN is for comparisons.
THEN indicates time.
ergo -
"I washed my hair, THEN I dried it"
or
"I'd rather shave my head THAN deal with combing my hair."
NOT
"I wrote a perfectly inteligible sentence, then I did something to make myself look ignorant."
See? English is easy! And fun!
\/\/007!!
gEEZ Mr. makes a big deal about how he screwed up an entry then points out one mistake in someone elses-jones-hamilton-smith.
I'M BLEEDING FROM MY PEE PEE HOLE YOU INSENSITIVE A-HOLE!
Plus even if she isn't a homosexual, she's pretty damn gay. She cries in public everytime she doesn't get noticed. She thinks about murdering families just because someone else chose them over her, and she thinks she's better then other people just because she doesn't want to drop a uterine deuce.
And I have to wonder about the motives of the CFM. I mean...if they are trying to cull the population, then why dont they take the Hale Bop express. But if they just don't like children why don't they deal with it. I mean...sometimes you gotta poop in a bus station. Deal with it.
For the curious, I showed blue.brutal and the multitalented Dead Robin the original post, which is what they're refering to.
Well, I certainly didn't mean to offend your pee-pee-hole, DR - you know I would never do that.
Also, the then-than thing is something I point out with general glee every time I see it. It's funny if you're me.
"Drop a uterine duce" is a phrase that, I am fairly sure, the CFM would adopt in a hurry, considering the frequency with which they refer to children as "little shits."
Honestly, I dig that they think the world is against them, but, please, people, you're not opressed. The way these people rant on and on, you'd think that because they choose not to have kids, they endure endless abuse from the entire world. Poor, put-upon CFMers. I feel so sorry for them.
Of course, I feel a lot more sorry for the woman who, after doing the same job for the same amout of time, makes 20% less than her male collegues. I feel a hell of a lot worse for the black guy pulled over for driving in a white neighborhood, or the one who gets followed around by store security every time he walks into target. I feel a good deal more sorry for the chick about whom they made the movie "Boys Don't Cry" . I feel more sorry for the indiginous peoples who were forced off their land, given smallpox blankets, and so on. I feel even more sorry for the 6 million or so Jews killed in German concentration camps.
Seriously, has anyone in this country ever been beaten to death because they didn't want to have kids? It might have happened, I guess, but I'm betting that the statistics would be less than alarming on that particular crime. I mean, compared to people beaten to shit for being black, white, hispanic, homosexual, militant Pepsi drinkers, or Green Bay Packers fans.
Why do these people think they deserve sympathy, or that they are even mildly persecuted for ther decisions? Poor, poor, CFMers have to endure the questions of their parents and siblings asking when they're going to have kids.
C'mon, you martyr wannabees - get a little perspective.
Pat Reynolds is a character in the comic strip Achewood. He is the sorest and tightest sphincter in the universe, and I thought Chris Onstad's writing was brilliant in creating him.
Now I see that there are actually people like Pat in the real world.
Well, Onstad's still a genius.
Post a Comment