05 July 2005

Word on the Novel Front

I hope everyone had a happy fourth. As you can see, I'm still here. My local Library allows internet access for one hour per day. At first I thought that could never ever ever be enough.

Now I know better.

Now I know I am an internet junkie and I NEED THAT HOUR!!!! DAILY!!!! PLEASE!!!! I DON'T CARE IF IT'S THE FOURTH OF JULY!!!! I NEEEEED IT!!!!!!

Which can get embarrassing at times.

Rather than write an entire essay or continue on my meanderings on Inspiration, I thought I'd give a novel update. The novel is going green right now. A nice healthy green.

A couple of weeks ago I started on Yet Another Outline (Sigh), which I assumed would putter out in a day or two into confusion. I bought a notebook and started writing it a chapter summary at a time and kept each summary no long than a page. . I would later translate my chicken scratches on to my computer before my computer started its fits. It was something new and different.

It also stuttered to a stop. But before it did, I had twenty four chapters out of an unknown number hammered out. As I knew, more or less, what was to come, this didn't bother me. Why I stopped, however, did.

I decided I didn't know enough about the characters in the novel. The main characters, sure, but not the rest. Not a surprise. My other YAO(S)s had failed for similar reasons. This time, however, I did something about it. I started a new notebook writing about what the characters want.

This has cleared up my problem nicely and I plan to keep it up. As of right now I have a complete list of Chapter Titles (which functions as a Outline Lite) and a New Outline, which is more detailed than my last YAO(S). Now the NO can become an YAO(S) ASAP despite the CT being a OL. But right now I feel alright.

I will try to post again later in the week, but no guarantees.

No comments: