11 July 2005

Various Japanese Sci Fi Movie Musings

Four movies, four thoughts

  • "Dogora" is being released on DVD. This is Kaiju, dealing with a giant jellyfish and jewel thieves. I haven't seen this one in an age, since I was a kid in fact. I didn't like it then, but I'm kind of curious now.
  • Also out there is "Matango" (aka Attack of the Mushroom People). All I can remember of this one is its ending. Another one I'm kind of curious about.
  • "Varan" is one of the worst Kaiju I have ever seen. Dull. As. Dirt. Seeing the uncut version, however, does have appeal. Because I like to hurt myself. (I have mentioned I own two copies of "Godzilla v. Megalon", right? And voluntarily bought two of the three "Dracula v. Frankenstiens"?)
  • "The Mysterians" is the only one I haven't seen before. And, of course, I'm looking forward to seeing it, despite it's low Kaiju content.

Now, where's "Yog"?

No comments: