This is going to be a bit hit-and-run, I'm afraid. My head's not in it right about now. I'd like to move on to other things. While nothing has ever stopped me from moving on before, the thought of having yet another unfinished series over my head doesn't do me any favors.
The next part is, of course, closer to the done side than undone and will show itself in due course.
The next part is, of course, closer to the done side than undone and will show itself in due course.
Romantic Triangles and Quadrangles
I mentioned last time preferring Romantic Triangles, Quadrangles, and various other shapes to the straight-a-head type romance, and it does no harm in repeating it here. It adds conflict as well as shows more sides of the characters. There's a certain danger here, though, of making one or more of the characters involved seem a bit wishy-washy. Or slimy. Or both.
Visibly Building
I tend to prefer watching relationships form between those who aren't exactly looking for romance. I'm not talking Benedick and Beatrice style bickering (or the more common Just-Plain-Bickering), all though that isn't without merit. I prefer seeing people not necessarily interested in love and all that falling into love and all that.
Major Turning Point
This goes without saying. All stories are Major Turning Points. Why would you write about a minor one?What I mean is a major revelation occurs. Lover A sees Lover B for who B really is and must come to terms. An example would be, say, Rebecca or, my preference, Casablanca, where Rick, who believes Ilsa abandoned him in Paris, discovers the true motive behind his lover's act. The Thin Man could also be considered a Major Turning Point, as it is the first time Nick investigates a murder when married to his wife, Nora.
Concluding Bit
Finally, I prefer my romances with something else. Comedy, action, mystery, Horror, you name it, let's have it
No comments:
Post a Comment