Two more days until NaNoWriMo and I'm a wreck. The original outline I had in my head for "The Crawl of Chufule?" Scrapped. Simply does. Not. Work. At least, not right now. Maybe I can use it later. But for this? Nuh uh. No way.
Sooooo I'm working without a net. I know most of the major characters. Two of them, the main protagonists, I've been fiddling with for five years. I've written four or five stories with them. They should be fine.
Two others I believe I know, but they can be like shadows. Changing. Fluid. This will be their premiere story, assuming I can finish it.
A final two who are new. No substance at all. Not even names. I know who they should be, but beyond that... Nothing.
Then there is Chufule and His Cult. But Chufule is an Elder God and His Minions are little more than absurd creatures. I think I can handle them.
Beyond that is the Abyss. Void. Emptiness.
I have a handle. The last third of "Call of Cthulhu" and maybe some of "Brigadoon." But I don't think it's enough.
I've set out without a map before. Sometimes it's worked out. That's the exception to the rule, but I'm just telling myself that it doesn't matter.
Word count matters.
Finishing matters.
I can always go back and rewrite. Afterwards. It must be afterwards.
I'm nervous, excited, almost giddy.
It's a long wait now. Part of me keeps whispering I'm going to fail, that even if I do it, I'll not get it published.
If so, then there's always next year.
Or next month...
Sooooo I'm working without a net. I know most of the major characters. Two of them, the main protagonists, I've been fiddling with for five years. I've written four or five stories with them. They should be fine.
Two others I believe I know, but they can be like shadows. Changing. Fluid. This will be their premiere story, assuming I can finish it.
A final two who are new. No substance at all. Not even names. I know who they should be, but beyond that... Nothing.
Then there is Chufule and His Cult. But Chufule is an Elder God and His Minions are little more than absurd creatures. I think I can handle them.
Beyond that is the Abyss. Void. Emptiness.
I have a handle. The last third of "Call of Cthulhu" and maybe some of "Brigadoon." But I don't think it's enough.
I've set out without a map before. Sometimes it's worked out. That's the exception to the rule, but I'm just telling myself that it doesn't matter.
Word count matters.
Finishing matters.
I can always go back and rewrite. Afterwards. It must be afterwards.
I'm nervous, excited, almost giddy.
It's a long wait now. Part of me keeps whispering I'm going to fail, that even if I do it, I'll not get it published.
If so, then there's always next year.
Or next month...
1 comment:
See you on the other side...
Post a Comment