Beyond the Little Brothers Eric and Jason Todd, I seldom talk about family at any great length (and even they don't get that much space.) Not that my family isn't important to me, or that they aren't worth talking about. It's just that the Blog wasn't really intended for that much biographic or day-to-day stuff. With Ego Boost Week alone I've done more yaking about myself than I really intended.
However, for this entry I intend to speak of my cousin Emily.
Emily is a good, kind girl twelve years younger than myself who is very much the little sister I never had. And I treat her as such whenever and as often as I can.
Which is another way of saying that I'm mean to her.
Very, very mean.
She takes my cruelty with good grace more often than not. I often hope she sees me as the big brother she never wanted or needed. Sometimes I vow to her that I will be nicer, kinder, or, at the very least, silent. She knows full well, however, that this is a promise I will not keep. There is something about teasing her that I just can't resist.
What she doesn't realize, of course, is that in all truth I am quite sweet towards her. The aforementioned Little Brothers could tell Emily horror stories about the absolute depths I can sink to. They never will, however, as I have dirt on how far they can sink.
Blackmail can work for you, too, he snickers.
Anyways, part of the reason I introduce my cousin Emily to this blog because, well, I introduced her to this blog. I gave her the address and told her that any time she thought I was oh too mean to her innocent self, she could come here and Tell All. I figure I have nothing here THAT offensive to read (unlike, say, at least one of my brothers). Hell, my mom reads my site on a regular basis. How bad could it be?
If Emily does come telling tales, in all odds what she says is going to be true. I'm fairly terrible towards her and should treat her better. Well, at least a wee bit better. Maybe.
I don't expect her to show up here, however. I expect her to take the page I wrote my blog address down on and throw it away. She's really got more important things to do with her life. She's studying to be a nurse, and I am positive she'll be a good one, even though I might tell her that I'm going to move to another state rather than risk having her treat me.
If she does show... Well, see, that's the other reason I'm writing this. I hope that she sees the title of this post and think, even if for only a moment, "What did he say about me?"
Told you I was mean to her.
However, for this entry I intend to speak of my cousin Emily.
Emily is a good, kind girl twelve years younger than myself who is very much the little sister I never had. And I treat her as such whenever and as often as I can.
Which is another way of saying that I'm mean to her.
Very, very mean.
She takes my cruelty with good grace more often than not. I often hope she sees me as the big brother she never wanted or needed. Sometimes I vow to her that I will be nicer, kinder, or, at the very least, silent. She knows full well, however, that this is a promise I will not keep. There is something about teasing her that I just can't resist.
What she doesn't realize, of course, is that in all truth I am quite sweet towards her. The aforementioned Little Brothers could tell Emily horror stories about the absolute depths I can sink to. They never will, however, as I have dirt on how far they can sink.
Blackmail can work for you, too, he snickers.
Anyways, part of the reason I introduce my cousin Emily to this blog because, well, I introduced her to this blog. I gave her the address and told her that any time she thought I was oh too mean to her innocent self, she could come here and Tell All. I figure I have nothing here THAT offensive to read (unlike, say, at least one of my brothers). Hell, my mom reads my site on a regular basis. How bad could it be?
If Emily does come telling tales, in all odds what she says is going to be true. I'm fairly terrible towards her and should treat her better. Well, at least a wee bit better. Maybe.
I don't expect her to show up here, however. I expect her to take the page I wrote my blog address down on and throw it away. She's really got more important things to do with her life. She's studying to be a nurse, and I am positive she'll be a good one, even though I might tell her that I'm going to move to another state rather than risk having her treat me.
If she does show... Well, see, that's the other reason I'm writing this. I hope that she sees the title of this post and think, even if for only a moment, "What did he say about me?"
Told you I was mean to her.
No comments:
Post a Comment