For the record, this was what I was working on today
- ITEM - Short Story: Two months ago I started a short story for the site. Today I have it just about finished. Maybe a day or two to finish, a week before posting. Maybe.
- ITEM - Poetry: For the past day or so, I've been e-mail my brother, the infamous Blue Brutal (aka Eric), a series of bad poems. If one of them turns out to be adequate, I'll show it here. And maybe even they're all crap, they show up. One of them, which I'm thinking of calling "Unicorn Punishment" or "Unicorn Punisher", tickles me to no end. Bad, but I like it.
- ITEM - Essays: Relating to the Brother Most Brutal, the two of us been talking about writing an quasi-history of console RPGs from the perspective of games we've played. It might sound like an odd choice for this particular site, but really, it isn't. RPGs tend to be the most story heavy (though these days all video games are heading that route.) I don't see them as being much different than books and movies, and, having played them in youth and still, they have helped develop who I am as a writer. It'll be interesting, trust me.
- ITEM - Novel (I): As a note to myself so that I might kick myself later, I'm going to try yet another angle for the novel. My fingers are crossed and hopes are high, but as that has never meant anything in past... Still, we shall see.
- ITEM - Novel (II): Those that have hit my profile (and why would anyone do that?) have noticed a new blog listed there, titled Nofan. It's currently supposed to be a comedic piece, hitting the various cliches revolving around Console RPGs (yeah, I'm obsessing.) It's an experiment and writing exercise, and as such I can give no promises as to it being good, ever finished, or even coherent. The goal, however is for all three to happen. I'm shooting to start it up on August 27, but that's not a firm date. I'll announce it here when I've started. Assuming, of course, anyone cares.
Well, that's all I've got. If a thought, and essay, or some such comes to me in the near future, I'll drop by again. In any case, I'll see you soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment