23 August 2005

Mock Poster #1 - If You Must Fear Something...

I've been working on mock posters for the novel and thought why not post them here for everyone to mock see? One a day seems okay to me.

If YOu Must Fear Something...This is the first one I completed, drawn by hand and touched up on the computer. I like the hand, one of my best.

Originally, the robed arm was longer... Unfortunately it made it look like the reacher was extremely short with long limbs. Not good. A little trim fixed that.
Also, the hair on the "Hero's" head stems from another drawing all together. I liked it better than what I originally had. As I was stealing from myself, I thought I wouldn't complain. I was wrong. I still am not speaking with me. Lousy thief...

I'm not sure that this is a scene from the novel, though. The outline in my head isn't including a green skinned figure in the mist. Might want to save him for another day...
Tomorrow, more greenness!
image created by Cullen M. M. Waters

2 comments:

BeckoningChasm said...

Very nice design and execution. Reminds me of The Wizard of Oz meets Spirited Away.

Cullen Waters said...

Thank you very much. Having not seen Spirited Away I can't see much of the connection, myself. However, having something I've done remind someone of Oz and a Hayao Miyazaki work can't be bad at all.