What I suspect is with me tonight
Let them be merciful and kind
And give me not a single bite.
Let them whisper where they stand
Let them poke and tickle my feet.
Let them try all the tricks they can
Our eyes shall never ever meet.
Let it all be just a dream
Let it end with dawn's break
Let it not be what it does seem
Let it be sleep alone from me they take
Let it all end 'fore it begins
Let there be no real goblins
I was going to post the picture this poem inspired. It's a nice little picture, with three goblin creatures sitting at someone's feet. The poem fits it perfectly.
Problem is, the pictures, dark, and when it's reduced to fit, it makes everything in it that much harder to see. I supposed I could lighten it up a tad, but it ruins the effect.
Oh well.
Sonnets are not the easiest things in the world to write, at least for me. When I hear rhymes it's usually in couplets. It's good thing to stretch and try difficult things sometimes.
It might be a while before the next poem. I REALLY have to put up some fiction soon... Else that subheading beneath my title will be really incorrect.
Problem is, the pictures, dark, and when it's reduced to fit, it makes everything in it that much harder to see. I supposed I could lighten it up a tad, but it ruins the effect.
Oh well.
Sonnets are not the easiest things in the world to write, at least for me. When I hear rhymes it's usually in couplets. It's good thing to stretch and try difficult things sometimes.
It might be a while before the next poem. I REALLY have to put up some fiction soon... Else that subheading beneath my title will be really incorrect.
No comments:
Post a Comment