16 June 2006

Thoughts On Dungeon Siege Trailer

There's a new trailer up for the abomination Uwe Boll movie In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Movie. (From here on out It Not KaDSM, because I can! And it strikes me funny for some reason.) You may find the trailer by clicking here.

My thoughts are as follows:
  • I can't decide if this is a step up or down for John Rhys-Davies. He was, of course, Gimli in the Lord of the Rings Series, as well as Sallah in the Indiana Jones series, so and this film feels like a plummet for him. However, on the other hand, he's been in worse dreck, so...
  • Speaking of Lord of the Rings, do you get a desperate sort of vibe while watching that trailer? Sort of begging to be taken as serious, what with the sweeping camera over pretty country side moments.
  • Did I see ninjas in that trailer? Really?
  • I like Burt Reynolds and it's good to see him on the big screen again. Really. But, honestly, as a king in a medieval kingdom? No. No, no, no.
  • I like Ray Liotta. Really. But come on! You've got Ron Perlman in the cast. He should be the villian! The guy's got the greatest voice!
  • Speaking of the man himself, I just made the most amazing discovery. Perlman's going to be in an animated film called Conan: Red Nails as Conan the Barbarian! How cool is that? Watch it be as bad as It Not KaDSM,.
  • Ninjas? How 1980's can you get?
  • I watched this whole thing with two distinct feelings. The first, surprisingly, was, "Hey, this doesn't look that bad!" The other was, "Oh dear sweet God does this look awful!" When it was finished, all I could think of was the Peasant's Quest Trailer. And that the Peasant Quest trailer looked better made... some how. Em... Maybe...
At the end of the day, this trailer did it's job. I wanna see It Not KaDSM,. It'll be bad. How could it not be? Uwe Boll's directing. But, with any luck, it'll be better than Dungeons and Dragons.

Or, at least, funnier.

No comments: