As a change of pace, more pictures.
Of late I've changed my style a bit. Rather than drawing small, as was my wont, I've began draining big, covering most of the page. I think it's improved things, leaving more room for working on details. I should have done this long ago, but habit seemed stronger.
Anyhoo, the image is of a snake.
Of late I've changed my style a bit. Rather than drawing small, as was my wont, I've began draining big, covering most of the page. I think it's improved things, leaving more room for working on details. I should have done this long ago, but habit seemed stronger.
Anyhoo, the image is of a snake.
This is the original, shrunk to fit. It has more detail work done than I usual do. I wasn't going to go that far, but after getting so close, I couldn't help myself.This image, incidentally, is based on one I found in a How-To book I picked up a little while ago. The snake's mouth was closed in it; the tongue I guessed at from another picture on the same page.
While there are faults here and there, it's not a bad job.
Here is the same image touched up with Jasc. One of the things I thought about after the fact was fangs. Not that I'm planning on adding them, but the thought popped in there. I don't think he needs them In face, he looks darn cheerful to me. In the middle of a conversation, no less.Perhaps something to this effect...
"Good Morning. Hhhow are you? Ssseemsss like a nisss day, dosssent it?"
"Um. Yeah."
"You ever read 'Rikki Tikki Tavi'?"
"Er. Maybe. Once."
"Good ssstory. Sssad ending, though. I hhhad hhhoped thingsss would hhhave turned out better."
"Em. I can see that."
"Why are you picking up that thunder ssstick? Are you planning to ssshoot me?"
"Ah. Yes. Yes I am. Sorry about that."
"It'sss hhhokay. I wasss planning to bite you with my fangsss."
"Right." BLAM!
Picture and a bit of fiction. Nice.
3 comments:
Good drawing, and funny conversation. My own response to the drawing is that the tongue seems to start kind of in the center of his mouth, like a tentacle. It needs to look like a usable part of the creature, rather than, "Tongue. He needs a tongue. Glue one on, will you Andrew? Thanks."
Good point on the tounge. I sort of saw it as sort of rolling in his mouth... But what can you do?
Nice drawing. Snakes have always given me trouble. Oddly, women never have. I'm referring to the ones I draw, of course.
Post a Comment